Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I AM GOING TO YANGZHOU - YIHAWWWWW!

Hi everybody,

I am thrilled tonight to shout out to everyone that is following my blog that I reached the magic number tonight. I WILL BE GOING TO YANGZHOU with my Dad!!!!!!!!
I cannot thank all the wonderful generous people who have helped me to make my goal amount. I thank you all with all my heart.
We are still selling raffle tickets, teddy bears and dogs and our spaghetti fundraiser will go on as planned. Now I will work hard for the children who are living in the Yangzhou orphanage who are not as lucky as I was. I would love to be able to go to Yangzhou with some money and help them purchase things they need and of course buy things for the kids who are still waiting for a family of their own. It makes me sad to think there are so many kids who don't have a family.

Look at these little faces in a recent video(2007) that was taken in the orphanage that used to be MY home. Help me to help them!

Thank you so much..I can't beleive we made it.
Hugs,
Kennedy
XOXOXOXOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hey! How fantastic! How the heck did you get the extra $1000 you were missing when I last looked? A fairy godmother? ;D I am SOOO glad you get to go! We will be expecting blog updates of your travels and adventures!

    And wow, that is a really touching video. Thank god all those kids are clean and fed, but seeing all those wee wee ones alone holding their own bottles made me sooo sad... they should be being held in their mother's arms, warm, with a face gazing down at them cooing at them, with a bottle or even breastfeeding... what a difference to have to do it alone and unattended. Reminds me of those studies they did of little monkeys who would rather cuddle unfed to a warm fuzzy fake "mom" than cling to a cold metal fake "mom" that gave out food.

    I hope that your raffle and supper get a lot of donations! If only we could talk about this and get more people to adopt them... but we know how well THAT is going these days. Thanks for the video!

    ReplyDelete